Today it’s all about fabulous feet! Are yours feeling a bit neglected at the moment? Do you need a little pampering and a great polish for those summer sandals? Well I’ve got a complete step-by-step guide to a do-it-yourself pedicure just for you…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a bowl big enough to soak your feet in
- a few drops of essential oil, my favourites are either peppermint or lavender
- an organic foot scrub and/or foot file
- some nail clippers, nail file, cuticle pusher and nail buffer
- an organic body lotion like our very own Alpine Botanical Lotion
- a non-toxic nail polish remover, cotton wool pads
- nail polish [we love Sienna From Byron Bay] – base coat, colour, top coat
- optional: cuticle remover
What to do:
- Fill your bowl with warm water and add a few drops of your chosen essential oil.
- Pop those feet in, sit back, close your eyes and relax for 10 mins. This is a great time to do a mini-meditation!
- Next, give yourself a foot scrub, paying attention to heels and any areas of rough or hard skin. I love using a natural organic sugar scrub. Rinse off in the water. Dry your feet thoroughly.
- If you need to you can now use your foot file in a circular motion to remove any rough patches on heels and other areas.
- Trim and file your nails. Make sure you file in one direction only. Filing in a back and forth motion will weaken your nails.
- Push your cuticles back, if you haven’t done this in a while you may need to use a cuticle treatment or remover. Now, lightly buff nails. Wipe feet thoroughly to make sure they are clean and dry.
- Apply some body lotion to your feet and take your time massaging it in – why not get someone to do this for you!!! There’s nothing like a foot massage to relax and soothe your soles and your soul!
- Now comes the colour!
- Thoroughly clean your nail with polish remover. Don’t skip this step! It’s super important to have a clean nail to apply your polish to.
- Apply one coat of base coat, then 1 – 2 coats of colour and finish with 1 coat of top coat.
- Allow to dry completely.
YAY!! beautiful relaxed feet and lovely looking toes!