I love the smell of lavender and rosemary - these two earthy fragrances are two of the most common ingredients I use in all my aromatherapy.
This herbal hair mask includes the essential oils of rosemary and lavender, along with virgin coconut oil and a tablespoon of dried lavender flowers. The three key ingredients in this hair mask will help to stimulate your hair growth, strengthen and nourish hair, repair dried and damaged ends along with reducing itchy scalp.
How To Use
Use this hair mask two or three times a week. For best results I recommend putting it in the ends of your hair before you go to bed and then washing it out the next morning - that way your hair can nourish while you sleep. To really seal in the nourishment, you could wrap your hair in some cling wrap or a warm towel - the heat caused from this will help lock in and penetrate the nutrients.
In summer, especially if I am spending the day outside I will often put this in the ends of my hair in the morning, toss it up in a top knot bun and let the heat of the sun aid in penetrating the oils deep into the hair.
The amount of coconut oil you use will also depend on how much hair you have or how dry your hair is. If your hair is in good condition then you won't need to coat the mask on the hair very thick - however if your hair is very dry then you will want to make sure all your ends are coated.
The recipe below gives you enough to make up a small jar which should last you a few weeks.
- 2 cups No Monkey Business Coconut Oil. If it is rock hard then you will want to warm it up and soften it a little on the stovetop.
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried lavender flowers (optional)
- Put all ingredients together in a glass bowl and simply stir.
- Store in a small glass jar. If it is summer time - you may want to keep the jar in the fridge.
- Apply the mask to the ends of your hair, the heat of your hands will melt the coconut oil. For a deep treatment you can apply from the scalp down to the ends - massaging it into your scalp and hair as you go.
- Leave it on your hair overnight - ideally.
- Shampoo and rinse well the following morning.
- Repeat several times a week or as you enjoy