From my home, to yours. Here is the space I list all my meditation recordings I do for The OM Collective - so please make sure you check back weekly for new meditations.
My hope is that these free guided meditations will support you in your own journey of healing, self-discovery and building strength and resilience in being able to navigate uncertainty and challenging times.
"Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible." - Mandy Halep
Do you find it hard to meditate because of a busy mind? Don't worry it is natural for the mind to wander. It is not about stopping the thoughts all together, but about reducing them and finding that quiet space within where we are simply the observer to our thoughts.
Here are four tips on how to work with and make peace with the wandering mind while meditating:
1. Notice the thoughts and that the mind has started to wander. When you notice your mind wandering just simply smile, breathe and observe. Don't allow the inner critic to come up and scold you - just simply observe the thoughts. Drop the need to get lost in the story or the thoughts but just observe, allow and do your best to let the breath soften the thoughts.
2. Drop the inner critic and have self-compassion. Instead of getting mad at yourself for not being able to concentrate - just gently smile and observe what is going on. Thank yourself for showing up to the practice and show yourself a little extra love, kindness and grace. Remind yourself that there are still benefits to the practice even if you cant stop that little busy mind.
3. Set your mind free to be exactly as it is. Stop trying to control the mind, instead embrace and accept the natural thinking mechanism of the mind. Let go of your need to do it perfect and simply take a deep breath and sigh it out. Let go of all your preconceived ideas and perfect outcomes. Let the mind wander if it must, remembering not to get lost in the thoughts and stories - but to just simply observe. Use your breath to soften the mind and come back to the present moment.
4. Come back to the practice and present moment. Bring your attention to your own breath and the words of the guided meditation.
Most importantly,when meditating be kind to yourself. Start gentle by just sitting a little each day. Most importantly drop any ideas you have on "how it should be" and just go with "what it is" - whatever that may be for you.
TIPS FOR BEGINNERS:
- Read my article on the healing power of mindful breathing and discover how amazing it is for your overall well-being and learn the how-to's behind this simple yet life-changing practice.
- Read my beginners how-to guide to meditation which also includes a comprehensive section on all the reasons why meditation is good for you.
BODY SCAN MEDITATION [25min]
Join me for a free Body Scan Meditation. When the mind is relaxed the body is relaxed and vice versa. A body scan meditation works by putting your focus on the sensations of your body which helps relax the busy mind. Great for when you need to relax the body to help sleep, calming anxiety, reducing stress and tension, bringing more inner peace by bringing you back to the present moment. Listen Here >>>
MEDITATION FOR GUIDANCE, SUPPORT + HEALING [15 minutes]
Join me on one of my favourite meditations - it is one I often do on my yoga retreats or yoga classes during savasana. This free guided meditation will not only relax your mind and body, but it will unlock divine guidance, healing and support available to you at all times. We all have the answers we seek within us. Whether you need some guidance on how to move forward or you feel in need of a little more support - you will be guided to what you need through this free meditation. Listen Here>>>