I am guessing that you would be pretty excited if I were to tell you that you could whiten your teeth, lighten your hair, clear up your skin and clean your home for next to nothing.
Ways To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Beauty, Home And Garden
- Whiten Clothes – An Alternative to Beach. To whiten and freshen up whites add a cup of 3% Peroxide to your next white clothes wash. Peroxide is great to get rid of stains on clothes and carpets. Simply just pour directly on the spot, let it sit for about a minute, then rub and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
- Rejuvenating Detoxifying Bath. Soak for half an hour to heal, oxygenate and detox your body. Use about 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a bath of warm water.
- Feminine Douche. Add 2 capfuls of 3% hydrogen peroxide to about 1 cup of warm distilled water. Cleanse once to twice a week to remove yeast infections.
- Mouth Wash and Teeth Whitener. A tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (a dash of liquid chlorophyll for flavouring if desired) in a cup of water can be used as a mouthwash which will whiten your teeth. Swish for up to 60 seconds; but don’t swallow and be sure to rinse your mouth out afterwards.
- Natural Toothpaste. Use baking soda and add enough 3% H202 to make a paste.
- Sanitise toothbrush and makeup brushes. Soak your brushes overnight in 3% hydrogen peroxide to keep them free of germs.
- Tooth Ache. Hydrogen peroxide is not a pain killer; however, as an anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal agent, it is effective at treating infection. Make up a mouthwash to help fight tooth infection.
- Hair Lightening. Peroxide is a bleaching agent and is used to lightened hair. For natural sun-kissed highlights dilute 3% hydrogen peroxide with water (50 / 50) and spray the solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through.
- To clear up pimples and blackheads. Remove blackheads and pimples by using a clean cotton pad and soaking it in 3% hydrogen peroxide, then wipe over face twice a day. After a couple of days your blackheads will start to disappear and your pimples will killed.
- Clean your home. Throw out the bleach and replace with the non-toxic formula of H202. Make up a spray bottle of either concentrated or diluted Hydrogen Peroxide. Great for wiping over your counters and table tops and for cleaning glass and mirrors with no smearing.
- In the Dishwasher. Add 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide to your regular washing formula.
- Garden Booster. Your veggie garden will burst forth with life when you treat the roots to regular applications of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Simply mix 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with approximately 2 litres of water.
- Vegetable Soak. Use as a vegetable wash or soak to kill bacteria and neutralize chemicals. Add 1/4 cup 3% H202 to a full sink of cold water. Soak light skinned (light lettuce) 20 minutes, thicker skinned (like cucumbers) 30 minutes. Drain, dry and refrigerate. Prolongs freshness. If time is a problem, spray vegetables (and fruits) with a solution of 3%. Let stand for a few minutes, rinse and dry.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy. Taking food grade hydrogen peroxide is a therapy used by many to heal disease and illness (I personally have never tried this). Make sure you get your doctors approval before going on such program. If you google hydrogen peroxide therapy plenty of information about this practice will come up.
Grades of Hydrogen Peroxide
35% Food Grade: THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE RECOMMENDED FOR INTERNAL USE. Only 35% Food Grade hydrogen peroxide is recommended for internal use. At this concentration, however, hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer and if not diluted, it can be extremely dangerous or even fatal. If you want to buy the food grade make sure you dilute it to weaken it to about 3-4%. That is 1 part hydrogen to ten parts water = 3% hydrogen peroxide