Affirmations help weave the life you want. Just like a writer, affirmations start off by one or two sentences, then over two or three months the affirmations evolve into a chapter of small changes and then after a year of affirmations a life filled with positive changes has been created.
Affirmations are powerful tools. By changing your perception, you change your reality. It all starts with the thoughts you think. These thoughts become your feelings, these feelings become your vibration and your vibration ultimately becomes your life.
It is your vibration that determines whether you are attracting what you want into your life or not. Change your thought patterns which in return change the chemistry of your life, body and mind. For the most part it’s really as simple as claiming what you want, putting positive intent behind it and watching it slowly manifest over time.
By taking the time daily to repeat and reflect on your affirmation or personal mantra you can expect to change your thoughts and change your life.
Five things you will notice are:
- You will feel happier and connected with everything around you.
- You will start to notice more opportunities coming into your day to day life.
- As you start noticing your manifestations come true, you will start to think every thought with intent and awareness which will result in you living each day in a higher state of awareness.
- You will improve your overall health and wellness
- You will find it easier to connect with your inner guidance and wisdom
Daily affirmations are a daily ritual for me. Ever since I have started writing my own personal affirmations I have noticed a huge positive change in my life. I usually wake up and say my affirmation at least three times and then I will repeat it in my mind throughout the day.
It is important to visualise your affirmation, how does it feel to have it? Visualise how all your senses feel if you had your affirmation come true today? Live today as if your affirmation was true? This is a very important step, as it creates a different viewpoint and thinking pattern, the universe and your mind is now thinking this is your truth, and it will manifest in some form for you over time.
Your Thoughts Are A Reflection Of Your Own Inner TruthEvery thought you think, every word you say is constantly creating your life and experiences… The beliefs we hold about ourselves or the world around us are just learned patterns that we have developed over time. Some of our beliefs may work well for us, however many are negative. Negative beliefs and thoughts are sabotaging our life and stopping us from getting what we want. Every thought we think or say is a reflection of our own inner truth or core beliefs.
Retrain Your Mind
Our subconscious uses the behaviour patterns we have learned to automatically respond and react too many everyday events in our life – for example how many times have you created some way-out story in your head about why someone has not called you back, only to find out that they lost your number.
Unfortunately many of the negative beliefs we hold about ourselves or the world have been ingrained within us for many years, so it can be very hard to stop believing them. Whether you’re negative beliefs are caused by other people’s opinions or through your own life experiences – always remember that it is only your perspective on the situation, choose to see the glass half full instead.
Take what you learned from the situation and how you became a better person from the experience. Choose to be the hero of your own story.
Start by unlocking these emotions by repeating positive affirmations every day - this can be done in a journal or on piece of paper.
I like to wake up to an affirmation; I feel that it is a great way to start the day. I generally open my eyes and say my affirmation; I then do my yoga and focus on my breath and affirmation. I have a vision board in my study and I hang little notes of inspiration and creative art pieces around my house. It is all subtle ways of reprogramming my mind and keeping positive.
Find what works for you and stick with it – I promise you will see fantastic results within a day or two.
Resistance Or Acceptance
By choosing to think and say positive affirmations, the subconscious mind is forced into one of two reactions – resistance or acceptance. The bigger the issue, then the bigger the gap between the positive affirmation and the perceived inner truth, and the more likely that one is going to experience resistance. This is where the subconscious finds it easier to stay with its perceived inner truth. You will recognise this reaction by a strong negative feeling inside as you state the positive affirmations.
Equally if your experience a sense of joy and wellbeing, your mind is instinctively responding to something it believes to be true. When you get this emotion, you know your affirmations are working!
Continually repeating affirmations with conviction and passion will work at breaking down the resistance wall.
Once the resistance is broken, your subconscious is able to re-evaluate the core belief and patterns you have been working on and replace it with your own new inner truth. Affirmations actually reprogram your thought patterns, they change the way you think and feel about things.
By sending out positive thoughts and energy into the universe, you will attract positivity and abundance into your own life. This will start to reflect in your everyday life, you will start to experience miraculous changes for the better in every aspect of your life.
From day one, there will be affirmations you love and enjoy saying, these affirmations are likely to be very effective for you and you are likely to start experiencing changes almost immediately. Other affirmations will feel very negative to you, almost like a big lie, this indicates resistance and these core beliefs will take longer to change. How quickly you can resolve an issue like this is like asking how long is a piece of string. It depends on the issue, how deeply the belief is held and how determined you are to bring about change in that area of your life.
If you are truly ready and want to make changes, the quicker those changes will come for you. People have made changes in their beliefs almost instantaneously, for once you are prepared to embrace and accept a change and you truly believe it to the core of your heart, then that change will happen. So it is not really a question of time, more a question of how accepting of change you can be.
Affirmations are more than just repeating words. It is a whole process of becoming aware of your thoughts and words in everyday life, choosing to think and project happy positive thoughts. The more you can consciously inject the spirit of affirmations into your daily thoughts and words, the quicker they will work for you.
Elements Of An Affirmation
- Belief: You don't necessarily have to believe your affirmations initially, in fact you are bound to be a little sceptical at first. Be easy on yourself, try to believe them if you can – however what is more important is to just keep repeating them. I never did believe my first affirmations, however with constant repetition – I found them easier to believe. Belief will grow with your forthcoming successes.
- Personalise Your Affirmation: Your affirmations must feel right to you – this is why I recommend writing your own. The stronger the feeling an affirmation conveys, the deeper the impression it makes on your mind, and the sooner you will experience positive results.
- Say it in present tense: You must say your affirmation in present tense – for the universe gives you want you ask for. For example if you say “I want” or “I will” you will always be waiting for your affirmation to come true, the universe will think that your wish is to be in a constant state of “want”. You need to say “I am” or “I have”.
- Use positive language: Avoid any negative language at all, you need to ask for what you want – not for want you want to avoid. Affirm what you do want, rather than what you do not want. For example; "I don't want to be ill." This is a negative statement. Rather affirm; "I am healthy and full of energy”, for this statement is much more powerful as it is positive and reinforces your wish.
- Be short and to the point: Short affirmations are easy to say and are much clearer to understand. The short punchy lines are easier to remember and have a bigger impact on the subconscious mind, than those which are long and wordy. Keeping affirmations short and specific keeps the message clear and avoids any miscommunication.
- Repeat, Repeat and Repeat: Affirmations must be repeated in order to leave an imprint not only on your subconscious mind, but one within the universe also. Say them when you wake up, go to bed and leave messages on your phone, diary and vision board. Another great idea is to make it your Facebook tag line or status. The more you see it and say it – the more energy and intent you put behind it. Affirmations build a big ball of positive energy, repeating them often keeps the momentum rolling and growing.
- Feel and visualise: When you say and think about your affirmation – feel and visualise what it would feel like to have it come true today. Pretend you are living your wish already. This really adds oomph behind the affirmation, the universe picks up on the vibrations....remember what was said earlier – what you put out comes back to you.
- Be the light: You don't attract what you want - you attract what you are. Live your days with positivity, kindness, gratitude and in service to others. Being in the light doesn't mean a spotlight is shining on you - it is about choosing to become a positive leader to others by shining a torch out into the world to help and guide others on there journey.
- Let go of all expectations: This is by far the hardest part. You need to release your grip on needing the outcome. Instead, you have to trust that what is meant for you will come for you. Learn to let go with grace - what is not meant for you. Remember, if something doesn't manifest it means there is something else for you - so keep up the positive intentional work and I promise - what is meant for you will present itself to you.
- Persistence is the key: Some affirmations will come easy and some not so easy. You need to keep saying and affirming them, especially when things seem hopeless. Keep building that big ball of positive energy – for with patience and time, the good vibrations will roll your way – Trust me!
How To Create Your Own Personal Affirmations
Well its really simple....just like a magic genie; tell the universe what you want. You can say it in affirmations, write it down, do a visual board, meditate on it, pray or journal it.
Make sure you use only positive statements, don’t use words such as When I....or I want.... Instead choose to use words to describe having it today. For example say I am....or I have......
Then start to visualise having the one thing you want... feel the emotions you would have if your wish was to become a reality now or if you were living your dream life today. Visualise how would it feel, smell, taste? Imagine what your daily life would look like, and then put yourself and all your senses within the scene.
By thinking and feeling this, you are sending out positive vibes and setting the dream into motion.
Ok so that is the easy part, sometimes life will throw you a curveball... or two ...or ten... or a hundred. This is where you must continue doing your affirmations and visualisations, this is the time to not give up.
Surrender to the universe and believe you are being shown what you need ...for there is a rhyme and a reason behind everything we experience and feel.
OK Your Turn To Write An Affirmation
Take some time to think about areas in your life you would like to improve and how you want your life to be. It is worth taking some time over this process. Write the most important ones down in a list. Now look at each item on the list and write out a few positive statements for each. They must be positive and in the present tense, focus on what you do want, not on what you don’t want. For example if my list of things that were important to me included… “A fulfilling job” My affirmation might look like this “I have a wonderful job that fulfils me on many levels”
For some of you, you may find it hard to know what you want, if this is the case, ask yourself what you don’t want and then use the opposite to create an affirmation. For example, “I don’t want to feel stressed when I’m at work.” This affirmation becomes, “I am at peace at all times no matter what is going on around me or the challenges I face”.
Creating your own affirmations is the perfect way to get the right affirmations for you. Be sure to phrase your affirmations positively and in the present tense.
Once you have your affirmation or affirmations, post them somewhere you will see them often. Suggestions include your bathroom mirror, your laptop or planner, or your journal. Repeat your affirmations at least three times a day and certainly when you’re feeling particularly challenged. Eventually you’ll have your affirmations memorised and repeating them will become second nature.￼
It is beneficial to keep a daily intention journal where you can write down all your dreams, aspirations, gratitude, affirmations and so forth. I have created a free guide book over at The OM Collective
Go to next module and where you will practice other methods of positive intent along with your affirmations: There are extra techniques which will amp up your positive vibrations and get the universe firing back positive ammo your way. Coming soon.